In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- Democracy - we have the right to vote and decide how our country is run.
- Rule of law - we live within the rules of society and the Police keep us safe.
- Individual liberty - as long as we do not break the law we are entitled to our different opinions.
- Mutual respect - we might not always agree with other people but we can show respect for their thoughts and feelings.
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs - we accept that people might have different beliefs and faiths to our own.